Blyss is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals and adheres to the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. We will endeavour to ensure that any of the information we gather regarding job-seekers, clients and others shall remain private and confidential in line with Australian Privacy Law.
- Blyss may collect personal information such as, but not limited to, your name, contact details, employment history, qualifications, employment objectives and work performance references. We recognise that sensitive information (as listed in the Australian Privacy Act 1988) including criminal record, disability and union or professional membership can only be disclosed with your consent.
- This information will be collected from you when you provide us with personal information through a phone registration, email or the online registration process.
- As a provider of recruitment services Blyss primarily collects personal information to enable the placement of job seekers and assist job seekers in finding work. If you choose not to provide Blyss with all the information we seek this may restrict or limit our ability to find you suitable employment.
- Where possible the purpose of collecting personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. We are committed to only collecting personal information when a job-seeker or client knowingly provides it.
Purposes for which we hold personal information:
Generally we will only use and disclose your personal information:
- To assist you in finding a suitable position (potential employers, employees or nominated referees).
- To maintain your relationship with Blyss informing you of events, services and possible job opportunities.
- To provide the services you have requested from Blyss. Any person or body to which we are required by law to disclose information.
- To third parties, who comply with privacy laws, where there is a requirement for a background check or other check to be undertaken (educational organisations to verify qualifications or psychometric evaluations).
- To improve our customer service and to identify any training requirements.
We use a controlled, secure environment to protect your personal information against misuse, loss or unauthorised access or disclosure. We will destroy any personal information that we hold that we no longer have any use for, other than the information that we are required by law to preserve.
Access to personal information
As information contained in your CV is constantly changing and being updated we welcome the opportunity to update the personal information we hold. If you would like to update your personal information or know what information we currently hold about you please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or via mail our Head Office on
33 Booth Street,
Ph: 1300 788 511
We may charge a small fee to cover our reasonable costs of supplying your personal information to you.